Do you feel like CMDB (configuration management database) is a game you can’t win because there’s no automatic way to build and maintain it? If you’re like many CMDB software users you’re tired of going to each system management tool owner for the latest export of data, which then needs to be imported into the CMDB and matched to existing CIs (configurable items). Don’t forget the hassle of manual entry of new assets and all those configuration details. Plus, every time changes are made to the assets, someone must go into the CMDB and make all the changes.
There is a much better way. EcosystemManager’s network discovery software automates the process of finding all your IT assets and making sure your CMDB is kept current. Best of all, Discovery can be used to populate EcosystemManager’s built-in CMDB or the CMDB software you already own.
So, whether the purpose of your CMDB is to act as an IT asset management tool, implement a service asset and configuration management (SACM) program, or provide a foundation for ITIL-compliant IT Service Management (ITSM), EcosystemManager has the great features, flexible licensing, and awesome value to meet the challenge.
- Agentless network discovery software
- Use with EcosystemManager’s CMDB or other CMDB software
- Discover asset configurations via WMI, SSH, and SNMP probes
- No impact on network or host performance
- Scan immediately or schedule scans to run automatically
- Perform deep scans of physical and virtual installs of Windows, Unix, Linux, and Mac
- Discover network infrastructure, edge devices, even medical devices
- Automatically discover software and configuration changes
- Optional agent available for local monitoring of servers and desktops